He was reciting Shakespeare, that’s why he climbed on that building.
wow remember when
You know re-reading this I would venture to theorize that the original plan was to have Dirk like Jake and it not to be reciprocated whatsoever and for everything to be awkward, and then Hussie decided that was boring and did… whatever he’s doing now.
And if so I guess… thanks dude. Good call, this is more interesting.
From Dirk’s POV
- He knows Jake is a huge dork but he still likes him anyway.
- The way he regards Jake with such amazement “I still just think it’s impressive, is all. Even after all this time. You are pretty much a one of a kind dude.”
- The way Jake makes him feel more confident about himself
- The way he speaks with Jake. Always in a playful tone, like he can let go of all his worries and just have fun for a while.
- The way he worries about Jake and built him brobot to fight with. “You’ve spent too long alone on that island as it is. I kinda worry about you. A man can only spend so much time in the middle of the damn ocean with nothing but popcultural destritus and his own thoughts to keep him company.”
From Jake’s POV
- He knows Dirk is after him and yet he does not run away from him
- He’s actually taken consideration of Dirk’s feelings and come to the conclusion that they really have a lot in common so they might be able to hit it off well
- He’s given Dirk the confidence to believe in himself and praises his work
- He believed in Dirk when he told him he was from the future (that’s a lot of trust right there)
- The way he gets so excited just from Dirk giving him a thumbs up
- The way he completely disregarded Dirk’s gender and is looking at him for who he is, not for what he has between his legs
So no, I do not ship DirkJake because “ooooh, h0t yaoiz!!!”. I ship it because I find that they compliment each other nicely and I would really love to see how their relationship pans out.
That is all. DirkJake shipper out.
That’s some proper shipping, right there.